Mobile apps have changed the way people access information, shop, bank and the way they communicate. As a small business, you can harness great opportunities with mobile apps. If it was your website that gave you the edge in the last one and half-decade, your brand’s identity and profits would be dependent on mobile apps in the future. In this blog, we take a look at some of the important things that any small business owner must know when it comes to approaching app development.
Why Mobile Apps?
Mobile apps act as one of the most powerful marketing tools in today’s digitally driven world. They add to your brand value and also keep you ahead in the race. Take a look at the points below to get a clear idea about their potential-
# Outsmart Competition
If your competitors already have apps for their businesses, your brand can suffer without one and create a negative perception about your brand. With a robust app, you can outsmart them. If they don’t have an app yet it is even better as it allows you to carve out space of your own.
# Address Business Goals
Every business app is defined by a purpose. Some businesses use app to sell products while others use it for assisting customers. Enterprise apps on the other hand help in streamlining business process and improving productivity. Set your goals upfront and make sure the app addresses those goals.
# Rule Customers’ Mind and Imagination
The biggest incentive of a mobile app is the fact that it allows you to communicate with the customers on a one-to-one basis and deliver your message in a powerful way. You can rule customers’ mind and imagination with an inspiring app.
# Gather Business Data
Since you know the importance of data in today’s business and you would be surprised at the kind of data you can extract from an app. This will offer you valuable insights into customers’ needs and their aspirations and help you deliver products and services that are closer to these aspirations.
Choosing the Right Developer
Now that you have fully understood the benefits of having a mobile app for your business, the next big challenge is to find the right app development team. Here are five things that you shouldn’t compromise on while choosing your mobile app developer –
- Experience – Do they have a portfolio to show you? If not, you should knock another door. The fact is you can’t work with a rookie and if you find someone who has developed apps specific to your industry it can work to your advantage.
- Technical Knowhow – It’s important to work with a company that has technical know-how specific to your needs. Do they develop native or cross-platform apps? For instance, if you need an app for Android you must work with a developer who has expertise in this operating system. If you want the cross-platform app you must make sure the company has the know-how on both Android and iOS.
- Turnaround Time & Timely Delivery – There is more to an app launch than merely releasing it. You need to work on a promotional campaign, align other technical resources with the app and train your staff in its usage and customer support. Given all these factors you want to work with an agency that has a quick turnaround time and delivers the app as per schedule.
- Project Cost – Let’s put it straight – you want the best app at the best possible price. Hence you can’t choose the agency that offers you the lowest quote if it doesn’t have a successful track record to show. You need to ask them for a breakdown of the cost and make sure it is inclusive of testing and submission of the app.
- Communication & Support – The agency must keep your updated on the progress of the project at every stage to ensure you can share your valuable feedback. They must also offer support and upgrade services as these are important for the successful running of your app.
These are few things that you need to keep in mind while undertaking a mobile app development project. This ensures that your app would stand ahead of the crowd and deliver results.